Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lunch @ Arby's: A Very Bad Idea

(PREFACE: I'm probably setting a bad example by doing a blog where I'm supposed to find good places to eat, and I end up at a place like Arby's. At least I'm honest. Now, we begin.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us I know already, why pick Arby's to eat lunch when I can pick a wide range (I was going to say "myriad" but who am I kidding?) of places, but I had wanted to try their new Chicken Parmesan sandwich. Of course I get there, and I see a Bacon Beef & Cheddar and opted for that instead, in combo form. They ask me if I wanted a large, I say no. The guy then tells me the price, $7.something or other. When did Arby's combos get to 7+ dollars? I don't eat there often, but c'mon.

I eat the sandwich, and it's lousy, and of course it reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where one of the twin sisters says "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's". But this is no excuse. If I'm going to pay for $7 on anything, I'll get a large Bruchi's Philly cheesesteak sandwich. But this was a lousy roast beef sandwich with liquid cheese, a small, barely-any-flavor piece of bacon, and a cup of soda with way too much ice and barely any carbonation. I was in shock and I wanted to look at the receipt. Of course, there was no receipt in the bag.

I know I should be eating better, but I made a foolish impulse choice and it was crap. The curly fries were crap. All of it was crap. I could have just had bacon, beef and cheddar flavored dryer sheets and I would not have known.

Yes, I did read Fast Food Nation and I did go there for a specific reason (i.e. it was convenient) but it was worth $2, if that.

No comments: